Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Flagstaff Weekend Part 1

I know, I'm not very inventive with blog post titles. We probably have a "Flagstaff weekend" post every other month. Oh well.

But of course, we had plenty of fun in Flagstaff when we went up two weekends ago! We celebrated Uncle D's birthday; spent lots of time with Grandma, Pa, Great-grandma McNinch, Aunt Anna, and Uncle Justin; went to the park; ate good food; stayed up too late; and generally enjoyed ourselves and returned home exhausted. Josiah took a mega-nap the Monday after we got back (which made up for the horrid meltdowns Sunday evening!).

The weekend with everyone in Flagstaff alleviated Josiah's sense of social deprivation wrought by a week pretty much alone with Mama and the sisters. But the leave-taking was tragic and tough. Poor Josiah still says every day, "I'm sad. I'm sad Pa, Grandma leave." He deeply misses Uncle Justin, too, and still quotes him every day. He loves that "Justin" and "Josiah" both start with "J"--a concept that's sinking in recently. (I'll save pictures of Justin and Josiah for my next post.)

Anyway, here are some pictures of our Saturday afternoon at a Flagstaff park (it was pretty warm that weekend!):

Lydia in the swing
 

Aunt Anna and Abby


Lydia and Mama


Sweet Abby with the runny nose


Anna holding Abby, me holding Lydia


19 now, Daniel is certainly too cool for school, especially texting on that phone


"How rude!"


Abby determinedly climbing the playscape


Abby


Oh Lydia


Beautiful Anna


You can't even tell she's pregnant here!


Lydia going down the slide


Josiah and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment