Lydia was the last to finish the first round of antibiotics last Thursday (yes, one week ago). The girls caught what seemed to be a cold even before Lydia was done with the antibiotic round. Monday I started thinking the girls' crankiness indicated more than a mere cold--maybe ear infections? Maybe just bad teething? So I took them into the doctor's office Tuesday morning. And they tested positive for strep.
We took Josiah that afternoon, and of course, he was positive too. So now they're all back on amoxycillin.
Jeremy and I have sore throats. We're probably headed toward antibiotics too. Woohoo.
Thankfully we haven't had scarlet fever in the house this time around, and the kids didn't seem terribly sick. Josiah's only symptoms were maybe a little more orneriness than usual, a possible low-grade fever a couple different afternoons, and a few off-handed complaints of a tummy ache (which never slowed him down).
So we battle the second round and hope and pray we won't have a third. Meanwhile, life goes on . . . and I haven't posted pictures nearly as often during these sick days. So here are some of life in the last few weeks . . .
The girls enjoyed smoothies one day:
Lydia
Abby
Abby
On the one weekend we were reasonably well, we actually got to go to church! Josiah did a great job sitting through the service quietly, so he got a strawberry popsicle from Trader Joe's.
Giving Daddy a bite
He enjoyed it!
The kids have taken lots of baths (especially since it's nice enough to play outside more nowadays!), and I snapped a few pictures of the girls enjoying the water together:
Lydia
Abby
Abby
And speaking of the outdoors, I've been so grateful for the change in weather the last two weeks. Even when we can't go on outings, we can at least spend quality time in the back yard! Even when they're sick, the kids perk up when we head out the door. I handle fewer sibling spats and they take better naps when we use up energy digging, running, "fixing" things, sliding, climbing, chasing, and roaming outside.
Josiah spent awhile loading up, driving, and dumping his truck last week
Lydia loves to dig, too!
And of course, so does Abby!
It's cute to see them work together--but it doesn't always go smoothly
No comments:
Post a Comment