Hats, helmets, coats, bibs--the girls are interested in dressing up and accessorizing lately! Abby is particularly particular about these things. Last week we were surprised at her outburst when Jeremy slipped the green bib around her neck. Apparently she decided she'd have the pink bib--or none! (I think we have usually given her pink and Lydia green, and I guess she figured the pink bib was hers.)
Another day she loudly objected to the car seat I buckled her into; she wanted the other one. She tries on any clothing she finds lying around (especially Josiah's), but often tangles herself up in shorts over her head, both legs in one hole of some underwear, etc.
As you can see from the picture below, the helmet clearly elevates a regular old lunch to a fashionable luncheon--especially when helmet and bib are matched so perfectly. ("Do you want to take your helmet off for lunch?" I asked Abby. "Uh-uh," she replied, definitely.)
Josiah's recent artistic pursuits left him with a green streak over the eyebrow
And Lydia is just as funny as ever . . .
Abby isn't the only one who likes to dress up, though she is perhaps the biggest enthusiast. Lydia often follows her lead. One afternoon I heard a noise in the girls' room and figured they were waking from their nap. I peeked in to find them both on the changing table, Abby reaching across to the top dresser drawer and pulling out hats and socks for herself and her sister. The hats below are some recent favorites. (Thanks, Great-grandma, for knitting these!)
Lydia on the left, Abby on the right
Though you can't quite tell, both are posing with cheesy smiles here
Abby
Abby in another hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment