Monday, June 8, 2015

Just about Done with that Birthday . . .

While I'm at it, I figured I might as well post some pictures of Josiah's actual birthday. We thought Jeremy would be gone on a business trip to Omaha April 26-28, and Grandma Dortha planned to fly out April 28th, so she came down early to help out while Jer was gone. 

As it happened, U.S. Airways ran into mechanical problems with Jer's original flight and so had to bump off about 1/3 of the passengers. So Jer turned back up at home--much to all of our surprise! Of course, everyone was happy to have Daddy back, and he got to be here for Josiah's birthday.

I made an oatmeal cake with broiled coconut frosting for his birthday. This is a favorite of Jeremy's. Josiah liked it, but he enjoyed the ice cream more, I think. He did like blowing out the candles once again!



 Four-year-old!

We saved Great-grandma and Great-grandpa's presents for Josiah's actual birthday, and he received a few cards in the mail that day, too. He loves opening mail and packages!

 

Grandma comforts Abby, who also wants presents to open

Josiah in his new coat from the great-grandparents--thank you! He loves it!

Jeremy and I gave Josiah a Melissa & Doug train set we found at a consignment shop. The kids have enjoyed sorting through the many trains and putting together tracks, though they usually need Mama or Daddy to help them work through fights and make a usable railroad line.

So there you have it--a quick recap of Josiah's fourth birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment