Monday, November 9, 2015

Halloween

Josiah had long been anticipating our church's Halloween outreach/party. He switched costume plans several times in the months preceding: pirate, policeman, cowboy, pumpkin. In the week or so before Halloween, he decided he definitely wanted to be Robin Hood. I found a pretty simple pattern for a Robin Hood hat online, so I told him I'd make him a hat--and I figured a tunic would be pretty easy to cut out of some old clothes or piece of unneeded material. Of course, I should have made the hat early in the week. Clara's surprise arrival prevented me from working on any costumes!

Jeremy and I brought Clara home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon--just hours before the Halloween event. Jeremy and his parents decided to take the kids over to the church early in the evening before picking Grandma McNinch up from the airport. So Jeremy helped the kids throw together some last-minute costumes. . . .

First up we have Lydia, "Wonduh-woman!!!" as she called herself. She chose to wear Grandpa McNinch's old water polo hat and Josiah's cape. Somehow this costume just works to show her flair and personality, even if it is unconventional and mis-matched. 



Crazy-faced Wonderwoman


Abby's style is a little more posed and less wild--though no less unconventional/mismatched. She wanted the panda bear hat my parents brought her from China, and she paired it with the wings Uncle Justin and Aunt Anna got for the girls for Christmas. Here she is, clearly posing for the camera with a prim and proper stance that just makes me smile . . .


There's a real smile peaking through!



Josiah initially was sad to give up his dreams of dressing as Robin Hood. But Jeremy helped him put together a great cowboy costume! Josiah ended up being very happy with his get-up. (The PVC pipe is his gun. Unfortunately none of the pictures show his cool cowboy boots.)




Josiah managed to snag two huge sticks of cotton candy and loaded up his bag with the provided dinner items (including chips and a hot dog) in addition to the candy he scored. He thought it was a great night.

All three together!

Sorry about the picture overload--they're just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment