Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What Will You Be When You Grow Up?

Lately the girls often echo Josiah's commentary or sentiments on a particular subject--or add their own opinion in very similar phrasing. They like to tell me their career plans, one right after the other. They all plan on multiple roles, as you can see:

Abby

Lydia


Episode 1, lunchtime:

Josiah: "I'd like to be a fireman and a police."
Lydia: "I like to be a nurse and a doctor."
Abby: "Um, I like to be a mama and a daddy!"

 Abby


Episode 2, lunchtime again, a few days later:

And another installment of the same . . .
Josiah: "I wanna be a fireman and a policeman!"
Lydia: "I wanna be a nurse and a docker!"
Abby: "I wanna be a big dog and a little dog!"


Josiah on the lookout

 Lydia


Episode 3, playing pretend:

Josiah: "I'm a brave knight!"
Lydia: "I'm a brave camel!"
Abby: "I'm a brave mama knight!"
Josiah: "Mama knights are just called . . . moms."

Abby

Hopefully Abby straightens out her logical reasoning skills as well as her ambitions in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment