Enough questions. I'd better get down to business if I'm ever to share pictures of the last few months. So here goes with a smattering of pictures from Daniel and Lauren's wedding. (I posted about the rehearsal, but not the wedding. Their professional pictures are beautiful, but unfortunately I didn't download any before the photographer took them all off her site. So here are some from our camera.)
Lovely little stream!
I think I mentioned before that Daniel and Lauren chose a beautiful spot in Sedona (or really Oak Creek--just a little north of Sedona). Unfortunately the day turned out to be quite hot--103 was the high, and the wedding was at 3 p.m. in full sun. As you can see, the kids got plenty sweaty before the ceremony began . . .
I waited till the last minute to change them into their "wedding clothes," as they called them. And even then, I trembled lest they fall, run, fight, climb, or otherwise engage in shenanigans in the walk from the bathroom to the meadow spot where the ceremony was held. Thankfully they made it there and even waited their turn without mussing their clothing.
Despite the changes in her schedule, lots of new people, and heat, Clara behaved beautifully. She happily went with Desiree (family friend from Uzbekistan days) and her husband, Kevin, while I readied the other children and coached them down the aisle and then kept them subdued during the ceremony. I was so thankful for Clara's easy-going nature and for Desiree and Kevin's generous help!
E with Lala on the left, Kez with Des on the right
Aunt Barbara and Grandma (sisters)
Aunt Barbara and Aunt Bonnie
Josiah, Lydia, and Abby enjoyed their moment in the spotlight as they walked up the aisle. Josiah was disappointed not to be entrusted with any rings, but he carried his empty pillow like a man. :) Lydia and Abby faithfully threw their flowers, and L tried to make them come out even (so as to have enough to throw all the way to her seat).
Abby
But of course, you want to see the bride and groom, too:
James and Justin did the music
They were excited to be wed!
Lauren's brother Tim officiated, and he cut the ceremony short because of the heat. Afterwards came pictures and hors d'oeuvres and lots of water.
Two of our favorites!
Our children were all about the snacks. They gobbled up fruit, crackers, and cheese and were "still hungry" when we got in the car to head back to Flagstaff for the reception.
Abby and Clara
Abby
Lydia in her signature pose
Real best men wear babies
Jer giving his dreaded speech and toast
Pa and Grandma
Josiah long anticipated the cake and watched it with an eagle eye when it appeard.
Meanwhile, everyone kept dancing and dancing . . . and when we finally rounded the kids up to drive back to Pa and Grandma's house, we were all exhausted.
The wonderful Desiree and Kevin
No comments:
Post a Comment