When my cousin Maureen stayed with us in early February, Lydia (as is her wont) ran out for early morning snuggles. One morning in bed with Aunt Reenie, she rolled over and whispered loudly in her ear, "STAR WARS!!" It's so thrilling, it doesn't need context . . .
Lydia, in a non-Star-Wars-related paper crown
Josiah, over the moon about a box of Legos from some friends: "It smells SO COOL!"
Jeremy: "It smells cool?"
Josiah: "It IS cool!"
Last summer Grandma and Aunt Rach watched the kids while Jeremy and I went out for dinner. Josiah asked why we left them and went out by ourselves. Grandma explained that mamas and daddies need time just with each other. Then she asked, "What do you think? How do you feel about that?" Josiah made a funny face and shrugged. Abby chimed in, "Han Solo says, 'I have a bad feelin' about this!'"
Abby usually plays Princess Leia
One lunch several months back, I overheard Josiah try to manipulate Lydia into doing his bidding: "If you don't eat my beans, your guys will be on the dark side!"
Josiah to Grandma: "I forced you with the force!"
Josiah wanted me to take a picture of the underside of his ship, too
Last year, Jeremy took the kids on an outing to Cabela's, where they saw lots of animals and fish. When they came home, Lydia told me about one fish that she called "tie-fighter" because she thought it looked like one.
Josiah later observed that something looked like an X-wing. He asked, "Does everything look like tie-fighters and X-wings, Mom?" Yes, Bud, when you're a Star Wars-obsessed five-year-old, I guess it does.
Princess Twins: L on l, A on r
I overheard Josiah declare to the twins the other day, "I'm a cowboy American ewok!"
2 comments:
I love how obsessed they are having never seen Star Wars :D Someday they will see the movies and have their minds blown-- in a good way hopefully!
Haha, I hope so! Hopefully the movies actually live up to their expectations.
Post a Comment