Our February (and much of January) has been unseasonably warm, which doesn't make me too happy, since I like every "cold" day of winter we can get in Phoenix--and I'm afraid the early warmth means a hot spring and a terribly, awfully hot summer (more than the usual burn). But these days have made for pleasantly warm mornings for the kids to play outside, and they've enjoyed that!
Abby intent on her lemon
We have a bumper crop of Meyer lemons, and the girls like to pick them up and often gnaw on the rinds. Our regular lemon tree produced absolutely huge lemons this year--I'll have to post a picture of them sometime. Jeremy juiced a bunch of Meyer lemons last week, and both trees are starting to just drop lemons, so we're going to have to start using them in bulk--or freezing the juice and zest, like we did two years ago. I think we still have some of that juice frozen, though! I've tried making lots of suppers and some desserts with lemons--Greek lemon chicken, yogurt lemon bread, lemon cranberry muffins, etc. I made lemon cupcakes with lemon whipped cream for the girls' birthday. But still, we have lots of lemons. If any of you want to come visit and take some home, feel free!
Trying to clandestinely taste it
She likes to slide down the slide behind her and play with Josiah's toys!
With their increased mobility, the girls like to roam all over the yard now. It's hard to keep up with both, since they often go in different directions! By the time I've swiped a leaf out of Lydia's mouth, Abby has sometimes gotten a handful of dirt into hers.
She loves to be outside!
Climbing on everything is a new favorite pastime
Happy Abby!
No comments:
Post a Comment