I'm glad we remembered to remove clothes!
Abby on the left, Lydia on the right
It was quite a production. Abby and Josiah stuffed dough in their mouths every chance they got. Surprisingly, Lydia mostly stuck to rolling and cutting out cookies! (I think she didn't like the taste of the dough too much.)
Josiah sneaking some sprinkles
Mischievous!
Jeremy helped manage the process from one side of the table . . .
. . . and Grandma helped Josiah decorate
Abby, foot up and snitching dough
Lydia
I'm glad we had my mom to help out--one adult per kid kept the chaos a little more contained! Still, everyone got very floury and sticky--as did the table, chairs, flour, bench, and some of the walls and a bit of the windows.
All three had lots of fun and stayed up a bit too late--which resulted in meltdowns on the way to bed. I figured the mess was worth starting an all-family Christmas baking night--though I didn't plan to allow the kids to help frost cookies this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment