Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rainy Day

I used to love rainy days, and they still stir up in me some delight in the dreariness . . . but I no longer enjoy them with a cup of tea and a book (or papers to grade)--instead, I settle near-constant fights between cooped-up kids. It's not quite the same. So in this current stage of life, I tend to prefer sunny days to rainy ones!

Lydia and Josiah

(And the post-rain mud is quite a thing to contend with. It's been tracked all over my house, despite my best efforts to enforce shoe-removal at the door. I've washed plenty of extra clothes, too!)



Despite my mixed feelings about rain, the kids are quite enamored of it. I allowed Josiah to take our lone umbrella out when it started sprinkling yesterday. He loved it (and claimed it was "raining a little bit" today--with totally clear, blue skies--because he wanted that umbrella back). The girls loved getting under it with him and hated to be out of the umbrella's circle. It ended up being another point of contention. But at least everyone had some fun some of the time--and I got some pictures.


Oh how I love this funny boy 

Abby the fashionista showing off the outfit she picked out for herself 


 Typical Abby--"baby hat" on head, thumb in mouth


Abby upset that Josiah won't let her hold the umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment