Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Exploring the Yard

October in Phoenix begins in hope and ends in fulfillment. These early October days bring cool nights and the promise of summer's end--the hope that beautiful weather will come to stay a few months with us. And usually by the end of October, the desert winter is here, sometimes with frost at night and cloudy breath in the morning, and clear-skied days to run in the prickly grass and prune the roses and tend the winter garden.

Josiah and I play outside daily during the girls' morning nap, but I try to get Abby and Lydia out more often now, too. Last week we settled in the grass out back to while away the last hour before Daddy came home. I didn't finish supper, but I successfully kept the girls' crankiness at bay and kept Josiah from picking on his sisters: everyone was happier outside!


Abby checks out the grass
 

Josiah making cake . . . or soup?
 

More cooking
 

They're eternally interested in whatever he's doing!
 

Pile o' babies
 


Happy to be outside! (Lydia on the left, Abby on the right)
 

Guess who they're looking at? Yeah, not at me. :)
 

Lydia
 

Lydia tasting the grass
 

Pretty good!
 

Josiah thought Lydia should wear his hat
 

Sibling love--one of my greatest delights!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment