Tuesday, May 20, 2014

At the Table

One lunchtime last week the girls tasted hummus for the first time. I dipped their carrot sticks in it, and they gave it a try--and then kept handing me their carrots for more and more and more. So I put a dollop on each of their trays, and they had great fun dipping into it with carrots and fingers and cups--and then smearing it around, licking it up directly, etc. I figured baths were inevitable at this point and just decided to enjoy the mess along with them by taking some pictures.

As I snapped shots of them, I asked rhetorically, "Are you two hummus fiends?!" 

Josiah piped up from the other end of the table (perhaps wanting some attention), "I'm a boy!"

Here are our hummus fiends . . . and their brother:

 Lydia was hamming it up for the camera . . .


 . . . as you can see.


 The girls are starting to get the hang of using utensils, but they still need plenty of help.


 Abby wasn't into the picture-taking



 Stuffing the mouth


 Focused on the spoon


 Getting hummus in her toes . . .



 Abby is better with spoon and fork than Lydia, who typically pours the contents just as the utensil nears her mouth


 Sassy hummus girl


 Josiah wanted me to take a picture of him making a "mad face"


And then he smiled sweetly and laid his head on the table . . . he did not want hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment