Today the girls turned two!
Can you believe these two curly girls . . .
. . . looked like this just two years ago today?!
Josiah was more excited about their birthday than they--he's been anticipating balloons, cake, and ice cream for a while now. This morning around 5 a.m. I woke to him calling me: "Mama! Mama!" I groggily went to check on him, covered him up, and asked if something was wrong. "Today is Lydia and Abby's birthday?" he asked. "We're gonna have cupcakes and ice cream? You gonna make them?" Yes--he was that excited.
Unfortunately he didn't fall back asleep, and Lydia was up 45 minutes later. So everyone had an early morning--which, combined with Josiah resisting sleep during "nap" time, meant some pretty serious crankiness and meltdowns tonight (especially acute after the euphoria of balloons ended with them popping).
Anyway, we did take pictures of their cupcakes, candles, presents, and balloon shenanigans this evening--those will be forthcoming. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of their birthday snack this afternoon: popcorn! (I finally figured I could make it myself and not just rely on Jeremy to do so when he's around. Turns out it's not too hard! I just can't leave the pot on the burner for too long when I leave the kitchen to mediate a dispute.)
Lydia thought it was funny to steal from Abby
Abby opts to guard her popcorn instead of smiling for the camera like the other two
Lydia
Curls! I just love their hair. :)
Lydia and Josiah
Abby on the left, Lydia stuffing her mouth
No comments:
Post a Comment