Monday, March 9, 2015

Party Weekend, Cont.

I'm running behind with my posting again! So here's a picture wrap-up of the girls' birthday party weekend, when family from Flagstaff came downstate.

Jeremy grilled a couple chickens for us (he's perfected his technique in the last few months), and I made sourdough bread. Everyone pitched in to chop and roast sweet potatoes and veggies, blend up some hummus, etc. 

Jeremy the master-griller 

 Kids' plates in progress

 Sisters and aunties

Birthday girls eating their birthday meal 

 Their camera smiles

I made the cake the night before and then made the ganache and put it together in the morning. This cupcake recipe worked well earlier in the week for their actual birthday, so I made two round cakes out of it for the weekend celebration. They weren't as moist as the cupcakes, but they were good! (I stuck with 1/2 c. honey, 1/2 c. coconut sugar for the sweetener.) I made this chocolate ganache--one recipe worked for a thin layer in between the two rounds and enough for a pretty-looking top.




 "Blowing" (more like spitting) out the candles

 Josiah was eager to get his hands on the cake (and strawberries)

 Jeremy let them lick the candles, but they chomped on them instead

I didn't get a picture of the chocolate aftermath, but apparently Lydia put on quite the show with her manners (or lack thereof). At one point she picked a booger with her forefinger and swiped it right into her cake and then into her mouth, horrifying Pa (who had to take a break in the side-yard to calm his nausea at this culinary combination).

 Presents!

 Big brother "helps" (commandeers?)

 Playing with the wooden food from Aunt Em and Uncle James

 Lydia

 Josiah was SO pleased with Aunt Em's present just for him--Shaun the Sheep!

 Kezzie and Anna

 What a look!

Everyone left Sunday afternoon, with clouds blowing in with rain for us and snow for Flagstaff. The girls were napping, but Josiah came out to say goodbye and spend some final quality time with Kezzie.



 Reading a book to his cousin

 Elias was sad to leave

 Josiah wanted to drive Uncle Justin's car



We all enjoyed the weekend of relatives--thanks to those of you who came!

No comments:

Post a Comment