Josiah is alternately sweetest big brother and terrorizing stinker to his little sisters. These pictures give you a glimpse of both! Abby was napping when I took these of Josiah and Lydia. Perhaps one day Lydia will give him a run for his money in dominance and bossiness--she seems the most likely contender. But we'll see. She has to survive babyhood first.
Josiah often asks to "hold her" (usually whomever is nearest), but tires of it after about 10 seconds. That's how this series begins. . . .

"Hold her"--and we can already see the mischief fomenting . . .
Josiah often asks to "hold her" (usually whomever is nearest), but tires of it after about 10 seconds. That's how this series begins. . . .
"Hold her"--and we can already see the mischief fomenting . . .
Who knows what that hand intends.
I can often preempt any real danger when I see a certain look in his eyes and set to his jaw.
Lydia finds the cow
Learning to share is tough. "No! Mines!" is Josiah's oft-repeated phrase whenever he thinks something of his might be in danger. Now that the girls are starting to army-crawl, his duplos, play food, animals, and other toys are in real jeopardy of drool and toothless gums.
Reading to Lydia
Josiah loves to read books. He asks me many times a day, "Read book? Sit next you?" Of course, I'm thrilled he's interested in reading, and we've picked up quite a few books I remember from childhood. He'll often pore over the books on his own as he examines little details in the pictures. He's even started repeating some of the phrases he remembers from certain books while he looks at them. I love that he wants to share his books and superior knowledge with his sisters! He pointed out a couple animals in this farm book to Lydia and told her a bit about them.

1 comment:
Awww I love this!! Look at his hand around her! So sweet.
Post a Comment